Random Bits and Pieces
Feted Magazine- These Are a Few 0f My Favourite Things– a piece about some of my favourite stuff around the house.
Guest Blogs- Baby stuff
Mumsnet- One Child Families (28.03.13)- A guest post for Mumsnet about why we’ve made the decision to be a one-child family.
Keep Me Inspired- Pregnancy Pampering (27.09.12)- I suggest ways to keep pregnant women feeling normal and pampered in one of the weirdest phases of their lives.
The Bookseller- Getting Graphic (20.10.11)- a piece arguing that schools should embrace graphic novels as a teaching tool.
The Bookseller- Boys to Men (11.05.09)- an educational piece looking about how we can encourage boys to read more.
Bad Reputation- Craft is a Feminist Issue (28.09.11)- my journey through feminism via the medium of crafting!
Fat Quarter- Trick or Treat (30.10.10)- a review of Lily Vanilli’s ‘Zombies Ate My Cupcakes’ baking book.
Culture 24- Pre-Raphaelite Pioneer: Ford Madox Brown exhibition in Manchester (31.08.11)- A preview of the biggest exhibition of Brown’s work since the early 20th Century.
Fat Quarter- Who’s a Clever Girl? (11.05.10)- A review of the Cabinet of Curiosity play ‘Five Clever Courtesans’.
Magazine work (click pictures for PDFs):
- Leeds Guide (2004-2006)- work experience
- Knitting Magazine (May-December 2007)- monthly ‘Needles at Dawn’ column
- Herstoria Magazine (Winter 2009)- ‘At once the boldest and most unmanageable revolutionaries’: Women in the Irish War of Independence
- Fat Quarter (February 2010)- ‘Drawing Attention: Women in Graphic Novels’
- Fat Quarter (Summer 2010)- ‘Helen’ (book review)
- Fat Quarter (Winter 2011)- ‘Boxing Clever’