This is really cringey to admit, but I had the idea for this post whilst on my run on Sunday. Crazy, right? But the thing is, 2014 has been totally crap thus far. I’m therefore harbouring hope that the worst is over for now. I’m focusing on the positives, mainly because well, what else is there to do?
So, despite the disappointments, grief and general exhausted-ness of life so far in 2014, I’ve decided to focus on the positives. They may only be small, but they’re a start:
- Two bereavements within a few months of each other have been hard; however, they have also brought the different sides of the family together in a way that those who passed away would have approved of.
- Work is calming down. For the first time in ages I feel well. That my PND no longer has the hold on me that it did. The horrendous nightmares are easing and I’m feeling more confident than I have in a long long time.
- I’m able to do things now that I never thought I could this time last year- such as running for fourteen minutes non-stop. It’s a small amount, but for me it’s significant. Benn is already trying to train me for Park Run (he’s injured, so living vicariously through me…)
- D is a joy to be around- happy, confident and bright. I think we were quite lucky there. Sure, he throws tantrums, but they’re pretty short lived.
- My tomato plants have flowers on them. This is minor in the scheme of things, but it’s been a long road to get to actual, productive plants this year.
Everything else? I’m just metaphorically sticking my fingers in my ears and shouting ‘lalalalala’. I can’t let myself go wobbly again. Summer holidays are just around the corner and I’m determined to stay positive….