Yesterday, I turned 29 and this is fine with me. I’ve never been bothered about my age (some may say it’s because I’m still pretty young), and the last year has certainly been interesting!
I’ve decided to set myself some goals for the next year that are challenging, but easy enough to accomplish with a baby/toddler(!) in tow and less in the way of disposable income. So far, I have:
- Go ice-skating- I’ve never had a go
- Read a Jane Austen novel- I have never, ever been able to read Jane Austen. I feel I should do this.
- Attempt a fringe (with professional help) and grow my hair
- To go further into the sea than just below my ankles- I’ve never done this!
- Complete two knitted garments for me- a jumper and a cardigan
- Complete two knitted garments for D
- Knit something using colourwork- and FINISH it!
- Learn to do one vintage style hair-do
- Learn three new dishes to cook from scratch
- Make D’s birthday cake- I’m already thinking PENGUINS!
- Make something with my 1940 hand-crank Singer sewing machine- I’ve never used her since I bought her!
- Write three postcards for Postcrossing in the recipients’ native language (probably using Google Translate)
- Do some kind of regular exercise as well as continuing to walk pretty much everywhere
I feel like I should have some other things on my list- can you suggest anything?